Sunday, February 14, 2010

David Tao and Jolin Tsai - Marry Me Today

Can I just say that David has THE DORKIEST LAUGH EVER? Because he does. XD

陶:春暖的花開 帶走冬天的感傷 D: the flowers blooming in the warm spring carrying away the winter melancholy
微風吹來浪漫的氣息a breeze blowing in a romantic atmosphere
每一首情歌 忽然充滿意義 every love song suddenly full of meaning
我就在此刻突然見到妳in that very moment, I suddenly see you
  
蔡:春暖的花香 帶走冬天的凄寒 J: the flowers blooming in the spring carrying away the cold loneliness of winter
微風吹來意外的愛情a breeze blowing in a romance I never expected
鳥兒的高歌 拉近我們距離 the loud songs of the birds pulling us closer together
我就在此刻突然愛上你 in that very moment, I suddenly fell in love with you
  
合:聽我說 手牽手 跟我一起走 創造幸福的生活Together: listen to me, hand in hand, come with me and create a blessed life
昨天已來不及 明天就會可惜 it's already too late for yesterday, and tomorrow would be a pity,
今天嫁給我好嗎so how about marrying me today?
  
陶:JOLIN IN THE HOUSEDavid:JOLIN IN THE HOUSE
蔡:DT IN THE HOUSEJolin:DT IN THE HOUSE
陶:JOLIN IN THE HOUSEDavid:JOLIN IN THE HOUSE
蔡:DT IN THE HOUSEJolin:DT IN THE HOUSE
陶:Come On JOLIN IN THE HOUSEDavid:Come On JOLIN IN THE HOUSE
蔡:DT IN THE HOUSEJolin:DT IN THE HOUSE
合:OUR LOVE IN THE HOUSETogether:OUR LOVE IN THE HOUSE
陶:SWEET SWEET LOVEDavid:SWEET SWEET LOVE
  
陶:夏日的熱情 打動春天的懶散 D: the passion of summer, rousing from the laziness of spring
陽光照耀美滿的家庭the sunlight shining on a blissful household
  每一首情歌 都會勾起回憶 every love song brings back memories
想當年我是怎麼認識妳thinking of how I met you in those days
  
蔡:冬天的憂傷 接續秋天的孤單 J: the sorrow of winter after the loneliness of autumn
微風吹來苦樂的思念 [I'M MISSIN' YOU]the breeze blowing in bittersweet recollection (I'M MISSING YOU)
鳥兒的高歌 唱著不要別離the loud song of the birds singing "don't leave"
合:此刻我多麼想要擁抱你 聽我說Together: in this moment, how much I want to embrace you, listen to me
  
合:手牽手 跟我一起走 過著安定的生活Together: hand in hand, come with me and have a quiet life
昨天已來不及 明天就會可惜 今天妳要嫁給我 聽我說it's already too late for yesterday, and tomorrow would be a pity, so marry me today, listen to me
手牽手 我們一起走 把妳一生交給我hand in hand, we'll go together, give me your whole life
昨天不要回頭 明天要到白首 don't look back on yesterday, tomorrow we'll go until death do us part1
今天妳要嫁給我marry me today
  
(RAP)(RAP)
HEY HEY,UH UH 叮噹 聽著禮堂的鐘聲 HEY HEY, UH UH, ding dong, listening to the sound of the bells of the church
我們在上帝和親友面前見證in front of the witness of God, relatives, and friends
這對男女現在就要結為夫妻 this man and woman will now bind themselves as husband and wife
不要忘了這一切是多麼的神聖don't forget that all of this is so sacred
你願意生死苦樂永遠和她在一起 are you willing to be with her forever in life or death, bitterness or happiness?
愛惜她 尊重她 安慰她 保護著她to cherish her, respect her, comfort her, and protect her?
倆人同心建立起美滿的家庭 two people with one heart building up a blissful household
你願意這樣做嗎? YES,I DOare you willing2 to do this? YES, I DO
  
合:聽我說 手牽手 一路到盡頭 把妳一生交給我Both: listen to me, hand in hand, to the very end of the road, give me your whole life
昨天已是過去 明天更多回憶 yesterday's already passed, tomorrow we'll have more memories
今天妳要嫁給我marry me today
今天妳要嫁給我 今天妳要嫁給我marry me today, marry me today
今天妳要嫁給我 今天妳要嫁給我marry me today, marry me today
1. This references a Chinese idiom, "until our heads our white", which is the equivalent of the English idiom "til death do us part".
2. In Chinese wedding ceremonies, Instead of "do you take this blah blah" and the answer being "I do", it's "are you willing to blah blah blah" and the answer is "I am willing." Hence the disconnect in translation between "are you willing to do this" and "YES I DO" in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment