No just kidding it's just a flower show. One of my roommates went to the 2008 flower show and borrowed my camera to take pictures, so I've sort of been there vicariously.
I haven't done any "new" releases for a while, and I'd like to translate more new things, instead of just reliving my old favorites. I've become too unadventurous, I think. I don't look for new artists like I used to.
陪自己 看煙火 | take yourself to see fireworks |
陪著自己 去兜風 | take yourself out for fresh air |
向軟弱 說分手 | break up with weakness |
自己旅行 自己夢 | travel by yourself and dream by yourself |
喝一罐 冰啤酒 | drink a can of cold beer |
灌溉久違的酒窩 | flood up that long-absent dimple |
讓笑容 回到雙頰的粉紅 | let your smiling face have two pink cheeks again |
那是誰說女孩沒有ROCK'N ROLL | who was it that said girls can't rock'n roll? |
我對我說當最後只剩下我 | I tell myself at the end there'll only be me |
誰是我英雄 | who's my hero? |
*看不到 找不到 等不到 妳的HERO | *can't see, can't find, can't wait for your[1] HERO |
為何不 作自己 隻手撐天的SHERO | why not be your own SHERO who holds up heaven with her hand[2] |
#妳可以 我可以 | #you can, I can |
為自己赴湯蹈火的SHERO | be our own SHERO come hell or high water[3] |
像女王 揮舞著 驕傲披風 | like a queen flourishing a proud cape[4] |
先轉身 先自由 | turn around first, freedom first |
先說再見 先解脫 | say goodbye first, liberate first |
世界在 他背後 | the world is at his back |
原來這麼 的遼闊 | the whole time it was this vast |
也堅強 也溫柔 | and strong, and gentle |
也有緊握 的拳頭 | and with a firm fist |
去敲奏 全新生活的節奏 | go play an all new rhythm of life |
在我的編年史中 | in my biography |
寫下了一個傳說 | I've written a legend |
要把History 改寫成Herstory | correcting HISTORY into HERSTORY |
在我的回憶錄中 | in my memoirs |
快樂要蔓延很久 | happiness will spread forever |
那就今天開始建造我王國 | and it's today that it started with the founding of my kingdom |
我是女王一般的 SHERO | the same as a queen I'm a SHERO |
Repeat * | Repeat * |
妳可以 我可以 | you can, I can |
為自己赴湯蹈火 不再退縮 | for ourselves come hell or high water, cower no more |
不要了 不找了 | don't, no searching |
不等了 誰要 HERO | no waiting, who wants a HERO? |
站出來 作自己 | stand out and be your own |
隻手撐天的 SHERO | SHERO who holds up heaven with her hand |
Repeat # | Repeat # |
1. Female second person pronoun.
2. Is this a reference to Mao's famous "women hold up half the sky"? I don't know. I can tell you that the verb is not the same (in Mao's famous saying, the verb is 頂 which is more like "carry on your head").
3. "Go through water and fire" is the literal idiom, the meaning and expression is very close to "come hell or high water" in English.
4. You know. Trimmed with ermine or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment