Thursday, July 1, 2010

Landy Wen Lan - Wide-Angle Beauty Guangjiao Meinv 廣角美女 translation



I'll be upfront, there's a few places in this translation where I just don't know what the lyrics mean; I've marked them with footnotes.

By the way, don't miss this clip from Landy's appearance on 100% Entertainment. If you're not familiar with the show, there's a recurrent bit where Show Luo pretends to be an arrogant American-born Chinese choreographer named Dancing King. He teaches a musical guest and his co-host Alien Huang a dance, which is usually actually not a bad dance--the hysterical part is Show Luo's outrageous behavior and hilarious imitation of an American's really bad pronunciation of Chinese. If you can understand Mandarin, you'll be in stitches, but it's pretty funny without it. And this is the song they choreograph to.

天生運動細胞不是很好I'm not a natural athletetiansheng yundong xibao bu shi hen hao
媽媽說女生乖乖坐別活蹦亂跳Mama said girls should sit nicely, not go frolicking aboutmama shuo nvsheng guaiguai zuo, bie huobengluantiao
不喜歡風吹日曬也討厭流汗的感覺I don't like wind or sun, and I can't stand the feeling of sweating eitherbu xihuan feng chui ri shai, ye taoyan liuhan de ganjue
哪裡涼快哪裡一旁加油就好wherever there's cool temperatures, wherever there's cheering is fine1nali liangkuai, nali yipang jiayou jiu hao
起司 PIZZA 麵包 可樂 薯條 漢堡cheese, pizza, bread, Coke, fries, burgersqisi, PIZZA, mianbao, kele, shutiao, hanbao
在嘴裡一前一後一左一右開心的搖that dance happily in all four corners of my mouthzai zuili yi qian yi hou yi zuo yi you kaixin de yao
朋友說我能讓平凡食物變得很美味my friends say that I can make even ordinary food taste deliciouspengyou shuo wo neng rang pingfan shiwu bian de hen meiwei
何必斤斤計較 尋自己煩惱why obsess about every ounce and make yourself miserable?hebi jinjin jijiao, xun ziji fannao?
   
*I WANNA…I WANNA…*I WANNA... I WANNA...*I WANNA... I WANNA...
 I WANNA 想吃多少吃多少I WANNA eat how much I want to eatI WANNA xiang chi duoshao, chi duoshao
 I WANNA…I WANNA…I WANNA... I WANNA...I WANNA... I WANNA...
 每個人看見我都會微笑*everyone who sees me will smilemeigeren kanjian wo dou hui weixiao
   
(貴妃駕到)(Guifei has arrived2)(Guifei jia dao)
   
Rap:Rap:RAP:
嗯哼~所有男人在我石榴裙下拜倒mm-hmm~ all the men are wrapped around my fingers3en-hng~ suoyou nanren zai wo shiliuqun xia baidao
嗯哼~份量不夠的自己就會先落跑mm-hmm~ if I didn't weigh enough, they'd run away4en-hng~ fenliang bu gou de ziji jiu hui xian luopao
嗯哼~變成林黛玉瘦骨如柴我不要mm-hmm~ turn into skin and bones like Lin Daiyu? I won't!5en-hng~ biancheng Lin Daiyu shouguruchai, wo bu yao
嗯哼~不用害臊 mm-hmm~ no need to be shyen-hng~ bu yong haisao
大大方方走出自己的調調I confidently walk out to my own rhythmdadafangfang zou chu ziji de diaodiao
   
照片裡面我特別容易找it's easy to find me in a photographzhaopian limian wo tebie rongyi zhao
她們都喜歡靠近我都圍著我繞all my girls like to lean on me, it all revolves around metamen dou xihuan kaojin wo dou weizhe wo rao
就像是向日葵的花蕊陽光下般閃耀just like the bud of a sunflower radiating in the sunlightjiu xiang shi xiangrikui de huarui yangguang xiaban shanyao
廣角鏡頭才能抓住我的曼妙only a wide-angle lens can capture my beautyguangjiao jingtou cai neng guazhu wo de manmiao
   
恰恰 騷莎 探戈 HIPHOP 民族cha cha, salsa, tango, hiphop, folk dancingqiaqia, saosha, tange, HIPHOP, minzu wudao
只要音樂一下全身就會開始的搖as long as there's music my entire body will start to movezhi yao yinyue yixia quan shen jiu hui kaishi de yao
舞池裡我就化身為一隻性感小野貓on the dance floor I turn myself into a sexy little wildcatwuchi li wo jiu hua shen wei yi zhi xinggan xiao yemao
所有人都叫好 都為我尖叫everyone cheers and screams for mesuoyou ren dou jiaohao, dou wei wo jianjiao
   
REPEAT*Repeat *REPEAT *
   
I WANNA…I WANNA…I WANNA... I WANNA...I WANNA... I WANNA...
I WANNA 想吃多少吃多少I WANNA eat how much I want to eatI WANNA xiang chi duoshao, chi duoshao
I WANNA…I WANNA…I WANNA... I WANNA...I WANNA... I WANNA...
天天都要對我自己更好I wanna be even better to myself every daytiantian dou yao dui wo ziji geng hao
I WANNA…I WANNA...I WANNA
   
REPEAT RAPRepeat rapREPEAT RAP
1. I'm not sure about the latter half of this phrase. Literally: "wherever/cool (as in temperature)/wherever/at the side/'add oil'/then/fine". "Add oil", jia you, of course is the phrase used in Chinese to mean "Go for it!", "Try harder!" etc. You add oil to a lamp and the lamp burns brighter is the imagery. It's the yi bian (at the side) that is throwing me.
2. The "has arrived" here is a verb used for important people, I think, because I've only ever seen it about the emperor. It's not the typical "has arrived" verb.
3. This phrase, "fall down in worship before my pomegranate skirt" has the idiomatic meaning like the English "wrapped around my fingers", specifically for a beautiful woman.
4. The lyrics have luopao written but Landy seems to be pronouncing it laopao. I'm not sure if the written lyrics are wrong or if Landy is just pronouncing it oddly.
5. I would argue that this is not "fat girls vs. thin girls". Lin Daiyu is skinny because she is very ill (and dies young). The singer is saying that she's not going to make herself sick to be thinner than her body is supposed to be. She is not bashing thin girls who are naturally thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment